Parent/carer workshops: Stress Toolkit (3 week course 19/03, 26/03, 02/04)
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a three week evening course held exclusively for parents/carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. The course will run 6.45pm - 8.45 pm on the following dates: Thu 19th March, Thu 26th March, Thu 2nd April.
The course will take place at The Creative Living Centre in Prestwich.
There will be an optional peer support group afterwards, for anyone who wishes to stay, for 45 mintes until 9.30 pm. This will give people that chance to chat about how things have been going with them, if they have they used any of the techniques etc.
The cost for the 3 weeks is £5 and tickets need to be booked in advance.
Outline of the course over the 3 weeks:
- Start each session with a grounding technique and a mindfulness technique
- Self care activities
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress bucket exercise
- Worry tree - a technique to tackle worry
- Finding our own early warning signs of when be become overwhelmed/stressed
- Our triggers for stress
- Support Network
- Mindfulness explanation and activities
- Parent/carer ticket£5£50£0