SEND Mako Create: Code your own video game workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
This workshop is open to children/young people with SEND. It will run via zoom, you have the option to turn off your video/microphone if you would prefer.
Limited places are available and must be booked. A link will be forwarded to you via email prior to the workshop date.
Have you ever wanted to code your own video games?
This online workshop is the perfect introduction to those interested in coding video games. During the session, you will be given a crash course on how you code your own video games and publish them online. Participants will learn how to go from idea to animation and get hands-on learning how to use.
- Block Based Coding
- Designing Characters and Levels
- Publishing Games Online
- Testing (Playing) the created games
No previous experience is needed to take part in this workshop, meaning it’s perfect for beginners. We suggest a minimum age of 8 for our activities. If you’re not quite old enough why not see if an adult can stay and help you.
Things you will need.
Due to the sessions being of a digital nature you will need:
- A device connected to the internet, with the Zoom application downloaded.
- Another device (Ideally a computer) connected to the internet, with a browser that can load https://arcade.makecode.com/# we recommend chrome web browser.
Kindly funded by Tesco bags for help
- Child/young person£0£00£0